ChatPhysics Live 2022
Hello and welcome to ChatPhysics Live 2022!
We understand that not everyone is able to access live professional development opportunities, and so our speakers have kindly recorded professional presentations so you can watch them and discuss them at a time that is convenient to you. We have 15 videos to share with you over 5 weeks, with 3 being released at the beginning of each week and the chance to discuss these with the presenters themselves, and other viewers, during our usual Thursday #ChatPhysics slot on Twitter – Follow us to keep up with the chat!
Discussion between teachers is what ChatPhysics is all about so we would love for you to join in the discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #ChatPhysicsLive2022.
Thank you and enjoy the conference!
Welcome from Jinny Bell (@MissB0107)
If you have any questions, comments or ideas for the team then you can message us directly on Twitter:Hi @ChatPhysics, I just watched your welcome video for #ChatPhysicsLive! Click To Tweet
Week 1: Subject Knowledge
- An Introduction to Particle Physics for the Enthusiastic Physics Teacher – Alexia Alexander Wight
- Astronomy in Your School – Dr David Boyce
- Teaching Einsteinian Physics in Schools – Dr Magdalena Kersting
Join in the chat on Twitter on June 9th 2022 at 7pm BST!!@MissNeutrino I just watched your video on An Introduction to Particle Physics for the Enthusiastic Physics Teacher#ChatPhysics Click To Tweet @DrDavidBoyce I just watched your video on Astronomy in Your School#ChatPhysics Click To Tweet @MagdaKersting I just watched your video on Teaching Einsteinian Physics in Schools#ChatPhysics Click To Tweet
Week 2: Teaching Tools
- Dual Coding Motion Problems – Gethyn Jones
- Excel in Practicals: Streamlining Processes, and Improving Student Familiarity – Katie Brudenell
- Keeping it Simple – Louie Evans
Join in the chat on Twitter on June 16th 2022 at 7pm BST!!
Week 3: Enhancing the Curriculum
- Wow, How, Now! From Demos to Meaningful Learning – Henry Hammond and Jackie Flaherty
- Practical Work for a Practical Subject – Dr Chrissy Sneddon
- Making Revision Count – Ben Dickens
Join in the chat on Twitter on June 23rd 2022 at 7pm BST!!
Week 4: Beyond Exams
- Using LEGO to Build Understanding in Physics – Lewis Matheson
- Five Physics Education Heroes and What We Can Learn From Them – James de Winter
- Physics in History and Literature – Annie Scott
Join in the chat on Twitter on June 30th 2022 at 7pm BST!!
Week 5: Adaptive teaching
- Here Come the Year 6s! – Ben Rogers
- Girls and Maths – Jo Pellereau
- Extended Writing – Thandi Banda
Join in the chat on Twitter on July 7th 2022 at 7pm BST!!